Baker Beware - Equipment Needed: 3 bowls, old clothes, and plastic gloves
Ingredients for Topping:
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup cold butter (this is awkard but trust the recipe)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsps baking powder (not to be confused with baking soda)
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
P.S. - for newbies, tsp means teaspoon not tablespoon... I've learnt this the hard way
1) If using frozen blueberries, thaw in warm water.
2) Make topping: combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon in small bowl. Add butter to mixture until crumbly. Set out of reach of small children, animals, and hungry husbands.
3) Make batter: In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In large bowl, combine sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk. (The trick is to remember if you just added flour or if you just added milk).
4) Using clean hands, mix blueberries into the batter. Beware, your hands may be temporarily stained purple and the batter will no longer be tan.
5) Pour into greased and floured baking pan and sprinkle topping over batter.
6) Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes. Let cool before serving.
7) Share with family and friends. Feel free to enhance the nutrional value with ice cream or whipped cream.